The summer of 2017 is Block Party season in the City of Selkirk!
This summer, the City of Selkirk invites residents to hold a Block Party in their neighbourhood!
A block party is a great way to meet your neighbours, build a sense of neighbourhood, and to just flat – out have fun. No excuses or reasons are needed to celebrate – it’s just a great way to meet your neighbors and build a sense of community.
And the City of Selkirk is here to help with an abundance of resources to help you get your party off the ground and make sure everyone has a great time.
Plus – as an added incentive – the City of Selkirk is launching a new Block Party Kick–Off Contest!
This is your chance to win $150 in Chamber Dollars from our friends at Selkirk Biz to put towards your very first block party.
Here’s how it works:
- Fill out your applications form – available online at MySelkirk.ca or at the CRGT office at 630 Sophia Street.
- Submit your form by no later than June 30, 2017 and you’ll be entered to win!
- Show up to the Selkirk Waterfront during Canada Day celebrations on July 1 for the draw.
The winning entry will receive $150 in Chamber Dollars that will go towards staging your Block Party, plus City of Selkirk staff will show up to barbeque and help the party along.
The planning guide has everything you need, including:
- All required application forms to have a block party on your street.
- Best practices, ideas to make your party awesome and information on the Activities Kit provided by the City of Selkirk.
- Optional forms to help you organize, plan, set-up and get feedback after the party to help you make this and your next block party the best it can be.
All required forms must be submitted to:
City of Selkirk
Culture, Recreation and Green Transportation Department (CRGT)
630 Sophia Street, Selkirk, MB R1A 2K1
Email: [email protected]